About Me

My photo
I am a recovering student, finally free from the grasp of higher education

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Has it been so long?

I didn't realize I hadn't posted in 5 days. Granted my days don't change much but I had intended to be posting most everyday. Yesterday was a pretty good day. Mike made some amazing breakfast and then we went to the park. We took the lounger with us so I could lay down while Mike played hockey and Isabel ran between the playground and her dad playing in the hockey rink. It was a great morning. We came home and rested, watched the Alabama game, I rubbed Mike's feet (one side badly, I was falling asleep and I never finished... it's on my to do list today), My cute family family made cookies that were SO good. A wonderful lady the ward made us some yummy Mexican casserole.
All in all a pretty good day. I did however realize at the end of the day that being on bed rest, (obviously) makes it hard for me to contribute, but I have got to find ways to be a better wife and companion for my husband. This whole situation places more stress and responsibility on him and most day I just take and take from him and don't give back. It's really sad. I don't mean by doing 'things', we all know I'm not supposed to but in showing him in the small and little ways that I do appreciate him and all he does for me. I married a man who works so hard and is so caring and I need to show him that I am so very grateful for all he does. I decided last night, after he came and put me to bed (yes I'm like a 4 year old who like to be tucked in if he's not coming to bed at the same time), that I need to pray and pray hard to be a better wife. A much better wife. So of course I won't magically wake up better but I know I'll be given more opportunities to show my love and appreciation for him.

No comments: