About Me

My photo
I am a recovering student, finally free from the grasp of higher education

Friday, July 27, 2007

Thoughts

This morning I woke up very groggy and my phone rang about minutes later, it was the pest control guy! Precisely who I want to talk to at 7am. I love the woman whose house we're living in, what I don't love are the bugs. Anyone who knows me knows I am SCARED to death of spiders and roaches. Luckily I don't see many of the latter (knock on wood) but the former make appearances every few days. One of the daughters came by with her husband to take some stuff out decided to point out they types of deadly spiders that are in the basement (where we are staying). I was so glad that he shared that info with me. So all this to tell you that I just spend 1.5 hrs with a very nice man who traded bug horror stories with me. Needless to say if we were in a competition he'd win. He's been in the business since '89. So know I have an extreme heightened sense of awareness to bugs today and I have mosquito bites all over my legs, OOOH and I'm even more freaked out about bugs although I have learned to kill a few (those of you in Alabama will be so impressed...).

1 comment:

Courtney Barr - The Southern Princess said...

I just had to comment on this one. Yes, I am so proud! You killing bugs, wow, definitely a bit of southern still in my midwestern girl (I would say western, but ya know, you are in the middle of the country. Long as you don't catch the monotone!)