About Me

My photo
I am a recovering student, finally free from the grasp of higher education

Sunday, August 14, 2011

first day of school!! first day of school!!!



"dad, wake up! First day of school, first day of school!"
I thought of Nemo when Isabel woke up last Wednesday for her first day. She was so excited to get out there and really be a big girl. She wanted to ride and I really wanted to take her, so a deal was struck, if she let me drive her to drop her off, I would let her ride the bus home. She was good with that. So off she went with her back pack and her lunch all packed. She was so excited! My 5 year old is getting so big!
Mommy walk me in!


Public transportation is our friend.


Reunited and it feels so good!

3 comments:

Courtney Barr - The Southern Princess said...

I think this just darling. I love that she was so excited and the deal struck was perfect for both. She is growing up so fast!! Tracy you are going to have your hands full with such an independent young lady and you will continue to be such a phenomenal mother! So proud of Izzie!

*Stella looks precious too... ;o)

lesliem said...

Umm, she's almost as tall as you! Probably by what, fourth grade? I bet she's in the back row for class pictures. Very cute.

Unknown said...

Kennedy starts tomorrow. She is letting me take her/pick up first day only! Bus Wednesday. She can hardly wait. Love the pic of you two walking in!