Sunday, September 11, 2011

September 11

I am humbled and honored this day. Humbled for the obvious, so many people were victimized, so many died, so many injured and hearts still ache, tears still fall and lives were forever changed. I am honored to be an American. Honored to live in the same country where thousands are selfless enough to run into burning buildings, to search for hours, days for survivors. Honored to be served by those are willing to fight for our country overseas, to give their lives to try and save ours.

I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing, like everyone else. Today we tried to teach Isabel about why we keep this day a sober one. We watched a bit of the tributes, explained about the planes and towers. Why people would want to hurt us. As much as her little self could understand. When she seemed a bit overwhelmed we turned it off. I hope she can learn to appreciate the freedoms we have, the country we live in, and the giving on ones self that our country displayed that day. For those who died, for those who fought against the hijackers and changed the route of the plane etc.

God Bless us all.

No comments: