Saturday, November 6, 2010

And baby makes 4

Introducing miss Stella Ann Pulley.


So Thursday I went to the Doctor for my normal weekly appointment. I had been stressed out that morning, I found out the night before that my mom is coming down on the 15th of November and since I was no closer to delivering I didn't know how it would work out. Obviously I need a baby if my mom is coming down. She can't change the dates due to work. So after Doc comes in and asks me how I'm doing... I quickly spoke of the stress. Then we talked about if/when VBAC, what stars have to align for it to happen. Turns out the reason he wouldn't turn her is because of the increased risk of a uterine rupture (which would equal no more kids). So after we discussed all this, he starts the exam. While he's doing the exam... it was so funny to watch him sigh and his face drop slightly. I jokingly asked him what's wrong and there was a hesitation before he asked me..."you haven't had any contractions or cramping?" No I replied... I've had really minor cramping every now and then but that's it. He looks at me and said.. "you daughter is kicking me". So I was 2-3cm dilated and Stella was trying to come out feet first. He looked at me and said.. we need to have this baby.
I was a bit taken back.. wasn't how I expected my morning to go. He stepped out to make a phone call, came back in and said. This baby is coming today. It was all set up. I walked over to L&D was admitted and had to wait until 4:30 since I had eaten breakfast.

Fast forward a few hours the happy drug people came in to do my epidural, it was the easiest epidural I've had put in but it didn't take well. Instead of my surgery starting at 4:30... it didn't get started until 5:15. They had to keep giving me more and more drugs and rotating me trying to get my right side numb. Finally they had it but holy cow... this C-section was more uncomfortable then my last two were. I don't know if it was just a different Doctor, he seemed faster, or because I had a big baby they were pulling out and they had to pull and push harder or what but they ended up giving me a bit of nitrous oxide too because it was ridiculous how uncomfortable the whole thing was. BUT... I got this cute lil' person out of it...



It was so much fun to hear her kicking and hollering and to watch her being dried off (the fact that she was big enough and there weren't a thousand NICU people around her helped) and then got to watch Daddy hold her. It was so wonderful! Isabel was so excited about the whole thing and was practically running into the recovery room with Daddy so she could meet sister. Mike's whole family was there and his brother and wife brought dinner up for everyone. They took Stella from me to take her to the nursery and I didn't see anyone for a while, the whole family followed Stella up to the nursery and watched thru the window while she got her bath and measured etc. When they came back I was starting to be wheeled up to my room and Isabel was literally jogging along side the bed hyper, hyper, hyper.
All in all it was a fantastic day and I'm so grateful for all the love, support, kind words, prayers offered up etc. Our family is so excited to have a little addition that we get to take home!

Look at these rolls! Not as impressive as some.. but for one of mine...yay!!



Weighing in at 7 lb 4 oz and 19.5 inches


Holding baby for the 1st time in recovery room.

11 comments:

Crystal and Billy said...

Congratulations, Tracy! She looks so beautiful!

Annette Larsen said...

Soooo wonderful to see you and Stella so healthy and happy! What a sweetie! Congrats, congrats, congrats!

Al and Jenny said...

Congratulations! What a great size for a baby! Not too big and not too small...just right :) Love the name and she is adorable!

Tara L. said...

I am so happy for you Tracy! Stella is beautiful!!!!

Amanda said...

Congratulations Tracy! You ended up beating me, Molly came at 35 weeks and only weigh in at 5 lb 2 oz. Cant wait to meet Stella.

Sara said...

Yay! Way to go! I know you are excited for Stella to finely be here. The covers are ready and waiting to be mailed. It's more difficult than one would think to go to the Post Office, especially when it's practically in your backyard. But they'll be mailed Monday...I promise.

Bullock said...

Awesome! What a miracle and a blessing for this sweet angel to make it to your family. It's so magical to have a baby in the home, and magical's a dumb word to use because it's really a spiritual thing but you know what I mean. Enjoy every moment! She's so beautiful.

Sheryl

Courtney Barr - The Southern Princess said...

First off - Sheryl you were right in both senses of the words: Magical & Spiritual! I like to think of the magic as enchanting, something that we are unable to ignore, a charming & captivating addition to your life.

She is just gorgeous! Those rolls are adorable! I am just beyond ecstatic. I have shown you two off to anyone who will listen and everyone who knows of you! I can honestly picture Isabel bouncing up and down.

Kristin has gotten to where she has heard so much of you that she speaks as though she knows you and references stories I have relayed. It made me smile when she asked about you - you are so much a member of our family and her ease at relating to you just had me grinning.

We are so excited and cannot wait to meet lil Stella Ann...

We love you!

Courtney Barr - The Southern Princess said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristin Tice said...

Awesome news!!! Congrats! She's a cutie! And might I add, you didn't look too bad yourself. There is no way on earth I would post a picture of me in the hospital. You looked great. I'm so happy for you! This is so great to hear!

Katy said...

I am so happy she is here and doing well! Sorry this is a bit of a late congrats as I've been offline for a while.