Saturday, May 29, 2010

All the info

Ok, so now that everyone knows! I'm 14 weeks 5 days along. I had a cerclage at 13 weeks and once the cramping stopped have been feeling great. My Doc is confident with the procedure and will be watching me like a hawk from weeks 20-24 especially. I see him every 2 weeks between office visits and ultrasounds and once I hit 20 weeks I'll be having ultrasounds every 2 weeks unless one of them shows a decreased cervical length then I'll be back 3 days later after bed rest to see if the 'problem' is fixed. I'll be on bed rest at some point but I'm hoping to make it at least to 20 weeks and hopefully to 24 before that happens. Once I get to 30 weeks Doc isn't as concerned. Funny thing... once I hit 15 weeks... that could be 1/2 way thru my pregnancy! Hopefully not.. but I had that thought going to bed last night!
So far all is good. I start my progesterone shots at 16 weeks and they are coming out to the house to give them to me. YEAH!

So far all is good. I've been modifying my activity already and trying to take it easy. I have learned the squatting while doing searching through papers is a big no-no, causes cramping, and picking up Isabel is also a big no-no.

That's about it! I'll keep posting..we may have figured out the internet situation at the house in the next week and if so I'm going to try and do a daily blog entry of my exciting life during this pregnancy.

8 comments:

Mandy Coffey said...

Congrats again! You'll be in our thoughts and prayers along this journey of yours!

Unknown said...

Hope things go okay--my brother had to give the shots to my sister-in-law for her last 3 pregnancies. Do you have a nurse coming out to give them to you?

Unknown said...

Thanks Mandy! Bethany, I do have a nurse coming out to the house, Mike hates needles and would never be able to stab me. ( guess there are worse things I could say about him!)

Courtney Barr - The Southern Princess said...

love and hugs from bama ;o)

Bullock said...

Yea! Congrats girl, you will definitely be in my prayers.
And ha ha I just read your post on my blog, I can't believe i'm old enough to have a 5th grader either. Although I feel great, 34 is a good age.
love ya!

Sheryl

Sara said...

I've been out of the loop lately. Wanting to send you a late congrats. I'm really excited for you. Hope things go better this time around. You're in our prays. Love ya.

Debbie said...

Congrats! and we'll be praying that things go well for you and this little one!

Cheyenne said...

Hooray! Crossing all my fingers and toes for you (which I can do because I have monkey feet). And, by the way, Charlie is an awesome name for a girl and a cute nickname for Charlotte. I support Izzy in her campaign.