Thursday, October 8, 2009

Baking my way out.

The last month or so at our house has been a bit boring on the food side. Mike and I are both on this diet and he lost 35lbs in 40 days and now weighs less then he did when we were married. I have lost 11lbs in 14 days and have 6 left to go before I'm where I was when we were married. I love it but you don't get to eat much of any exciting food. Since we can't cook with oil, butter or sugar is limits what we can eat to an extent. Now I have a cookbook that follows the diet so I will have better luck.
However since I miss eating yummier foods I have taken to baking and giving the food away to friends. Isabel and I made snickerdoodles and I did not ONCE like my fingers or eat any dough. Those that lived with me in college know what a feat that is for me. The next day I went to Joann's craft/fabric store and bought mini personal sized bundt pans and make cakes, those also were given away, I did keep one for Isabel. The I went back to Joann's and bought these totally cute silicon bakeware that are muffin sized and each pan has three pumpkins and three leaves on it. So I can't wait to make rolls that shape, brownies, pumpkin harvest bread, baked alaska, so many great ideas! I've stopped cooking for a couple of days to give my neighbor time to eat his 2 dozen cookies and his 4 mini cakes (it's just him and his brother) then I think I'll make the harvest loaves. I'm loving this baking and can't wait until I can actually eat this stuff! I guess by the time I get to eat this not only will my body be able to handle the influx because of the drops I've been on but I should have mastered the homemade frosting/icing. I've never been good but I'm getting there now!

Mike gets to start normal eating on the 28th of Oct. I'm going to be closer to the middle of November but in time for Thanksgiving which I'm super exctied about!

Until then I'll keep baking my way out of this diet...

8 comments:

Amy said...

props to you! I admit, I'm insanely curious regarding the details of your successful diet...and a bit envious as well as the scale and I seem to have a stalemate competition that never ends. So excited for you!

Courtney Barr - The Southern Princess said...

LOL! Can so see you burying your face in a bowl of snickerdoodle dough! ;o)
So proud and so glad that you will be eating normally by the holidays ;o)
Our house lately is a walk through snack mart! Football season makes the weight gain for us... seriously. But we enjoy it and hopefully will make it to Spring where we can lose it all again to prepare for next Football season. lol
Would love to be your neighbor by the way!

Unknown said...

Yes, please give more details about this wonder diet...I'm determined to get in shape after this baby is born!

Tara L. said...

Let's hear the detail about your diet!

Clark Family said...

where is the love?

Ashley said...

I absolutely can't believe you can bake and not lick spoons or sneak bites! I absoulely cannot do that.

nowellmama said...

Your diet sounds alot like the six wk body makeover. I did. works but hard to get kids n husbands to eat it. Think of you. sorry we have been out of touch for months. Just saw chey is due this wk. Wow. we r still unpacking after a month. cliff has been gone for abt 6 wks. n we are up and down sick, but adjusting. saw someone at church today just jump up for prayer and run to front. so thought of sean and travis. miss everyone. cliff and I hit 10 yr engagement on wed. yeah i said engagement. its the little things. well . wish u well. so much for the houses together n stuff. be nice to see ya one day. we r still here in hawaii til at least june if anyone wants to visit. love ya girl , nakeysha

Kristin Tice said...

Speaking of your college baking years...my mouth is now watering thinking of your Peanut Butter Pie. MMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMM Good!!!! But I'm obviously on an eternal diet and shouldn't eat such things anyway. Go you and Mike!!! I wish I had a close deadline! I have those mini bunt pans and they are the best!!! I saw the cutest thing on the cover of Southern Living: You take two of the mini cakes, invert one and stack the other on top to make a pumpkin shape then use candy or something for a stem and drizzle some icing over the top.