About Me

My photo
I am a recovering student, finally free from the grasp of higher education

Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas 08

Christmas morning came way to early! Mike put together the kitchen Santa brought Izzy ( so nice of him to leave it for us to assemble!). Mike's family left after the progressive dinner about midnight so we started and finally at 2 am we were done. At 7:30 am on the dot Isabel comes in our room, it took Mike a full 5 minutes to wake up with Isabel saying "Daddy it's open present time! Daddy wake up!" We learned an important lesson, open big presents last, she saw her kitchen under the blanket and was so excited to see it that nothing else was quite as exciting but we got her distracted enough to open her other presents.
I realized that there are no pics from Mike or I opening presents but many from Isabel. THe first is her joy in the kitchen then her sharing a drink from it. And of course our family picture... you can see the bags on our faces, but it was a great morning. We topped it off with homemade cinnabon rolls from a recipe Jeni sent me. They were very good (if a little undercooked!). Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!






5 comments:

Rachael M. said...

HA HA HA HA!!! Her wild Christmas Morning hairdo is the best. LOLOL

Looks like Santa was good to Izzy! I hope he brought Mommy something, too :-D

Amy said...

It's not just the big presents that are distracting. Julia opened a candy bar out of her stocking and it took some coaxing to get her to open anything else. My thought: I should have stopped at the candybar. She did eventually warm up to her other gifts tho. This is a great age for kids at Christmas.

Courtney Barr - The Southern Princess said...

I love it! She is so cute! I love the little kitchen, how trendy it looks! :)
Oh goodness so glad you cooked steaks again! lol. You know you can always call me at my parents or even try my cell anytime, no matter the holiday!!!
It isn't just kids that get wrapped up in gifts sometimes we adults get so excited over one that we tend to just sort of push the other gifts aside...hence my husband and his football helment!
I am glad y'all had such a great Christmas! We miss you!!!!!!

E said...

You guys are so cute, so sorry I couldn't see you before Christmas. Love you!

Cheyenne said...

I love all your pictures! Olivia was the same way with her presents...she saw the babydoll stroller (just like Izzy's only pink) and everything else was invisible. I had to open her presents for her. I loved talking to you yesterday!