Monday, May 7, 2012

March of Dimes



(I am struggling to learn this whole picture placement with blogger... so sorry if it's hard to read)
 First of all, I want to say thank you to all who donated to our March of Dimes team this year.  We not only reached but surpassed our goal!  We were one excited family this year.  We had some of the same people with our team as we did last year.  Although we did miss the Lenahan's.  This year we had amazing weather.  I think it was around 80-85.   Unlike last year, we arrived early enough to partake in the festivities like the moon bounce, and tunnels (Isabel and I also hit up the tunnels afterwards, who would have thought the hot humid outside air would have felt so good.  It was HOT in those tunnels! Face painting was up on our list of things to do, Isabel decided she wanted to be a cat.. it's the only time in his life Mike has love and accepted a cat into our family.  But then again who can blame him, it was a cute lil' kitty.  She even showed us how kitties run.


 
My sweet kitty


This is how cats run.
Cat in motion




Jamo, Sheri and James
Dan, Britty and Phoebe
































Walking with us this year we had Mike's bro Jameson and his wife Sheri (and lil' James)And we had Dan, Britty and lil' Phoebe from our ward.  It was great to be able to visit with everyone and see the huge sea of people walking thru Forest Park.   They had the Baby BLVD again, it has to be my favorite part of the walk, yet amazingly this year I didn't cry!  Well not until later, but it was fantastic ( they day, not the crying).
The reason we walk.
2012 Team Brooklyn



















After the walk we decided to go to try a restaurant I've been wanting to go to for a while... it's call cheese-ology.  Yes... CHEESE-ology.  It's a mac-n-cheese restaurant.  I was in heaven, especially after I saw they had lactate at the registers.  Darn this lactose intolerance thing.  Can I just say... delicious.  We had a strawberry and blue cheese salad followed by black and bleu mac in cheese.  Steak and bleu cheese.  YUM  

I think next year I'm going to run in the 5k before the walk.  I wanted to this year but not getting home from work until 11:30 and Isabel not getting home from her friends until 10p.... it was  a good decision to skip it this time. Can't wait for next year.




No comments: